Sampa Mixed Martial Arts January Newsletter
Sampa Mixed Martial Arts January Newsletter:
- First of all, Sampa BJJ Academy partnered with Soles4Souls again to provide winter coats to people in need throughout the United States. Let’s do our part by checking in for a cause every month!
- Meet Prof. Renato and Coach Martin with our new Instructors and assistant Instructors at Sampa BJJ Academy!
- Kangeiko is a widespread practice within the martial arts world and it is originally meant as a time for testing one’s resistance and discipline as well as a cleansing procedure for one’s spirit. The Kangeiko Winter Training for Kids was held on our Sampa’s new location on the last weekend of January. The kids had a great time. The main goal of this training is not only perfect the techniques but Mental Toughness.
- Congrats Little Zoe winning the matches in her first tournament at Tap Cancer Out Tournament. She was able to raise $700 for the battle against Cancer! Also, congrats to the dedicated parents of her!
- Congratulations as well to Prof. Nathan in becoming a very fine and renown referee!
- Kangeiko Winter Training for Adults at the new Sampa BJJ location. It was a one week of intense BJJ training early in the morning.
Sampa Mixed Martial Arts October Newsletter
Sampa Mixed Martial Arts October Newsletter:
- First of all, Sampa BJJ Academy partnered with Bright Pink to provide breast and ovarian cancer risk assessments. Bright Pink is focused on saving young women’s lives through the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer.
- nother successful Sampa BJJ Graduation! We are so pleased that many had moved up in rank and improving daily in their journey.
- On October 8, 2016 we had our family classes at Sampa BJJ Academy. Students had their chance to train BJJ with their kids, cousins, siblings, parents, and friends. Students also earned raffle tickets for bringing guests in this one of a kind event!
- Stranger Danger Class at Sampa BJJ Academy. This event is open to all the community, friends, siblings and families. Students also earned raffle tickets for bringing guests in this event.
- Thanks to Prof. Martin Guggi for this amazing workshop. Thanks for all the help in the academy and thanks to all the students who came out to support him.
- Sampa Oktoberfest. Everyone including families and friends had a great time together!
- Finally, we celebrated Halloween classes and costume contest at Sampa BJJ Academy and Sampa Fitness.
Sampa Mixed Martial Arts September Newsletter
Sampa Mixed Martial Arts September Newsletter:
- First of all, Sampa BJJ Academy partnered with The Rescue Bank to help feed our furry friends. The Rescue Bank operates on a “food bank” model by collecting and redistributing donated pet food, supplies and donations to qualified animal welfare groups across America.
- Also, we had a special workshop called “Italo Moura Berimbolo Master Class”. Italo Moura conducted the training – a young purple belt athlete who is winning everything in his division!
- Focus for Better Grades Seminar was held at Sampa BJJ Academy. Over 50 kids took advantage of the free event that used martial arts techniques as a tool to help the kids become better listeners.
- Sampa Spar-A-thon took place on September 24th at our Elwood location. It is a day that we celebrate together the coolest thing we have in our class which is “sparring”. In addition, Parents and kids train together and this is a one of the huge celebrations that we all look to participate!
- Finally, we celebrated Sampa Olympics doing a night full of activities! From Judo Competition, Wrestling, Boxing, and Obstacle Course. Medals, pizza, and refreshments were provided for those who participated.
Sampa Mixed Martial Arts August Newsletter
Sampa Mixed Martial Arts August Newsletter:
- Prof. Renato doing a seminar at Sampa Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Ribeirao in Brazil. This is also his first school as a business owner. And also, special thanks to Prof. Nathan Basseto for continuing what Prof. Renato has started.
- Prof. Renato doing his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar at Top Fusion Centro de Treinamento in Brazil.
- The Sampa Brazilian Jiu Jitsu In-house tournament was held on August 21, 2016. All of the participants had their chance to showcase the discipline that they have learned from the mats. Thanks for the sportsmanship that each of the guys had shown and we are hoping to see you again to our next tournaments!
- Team Sampa joins the Gladiator Rock N Run Event. Everyone in the team had their chance to tackle crazy obstacles until they reached the finish line and thank GOD because they finished the Gladiator Rock N Run Event safely.
- Every day is an awesome day but this day was beyond that. Life again is telling us that we live in abundance. Thanks to our Sampa community including the students and staffs for making our 5th Year Anniversary a history. Let’s have more anniversaries to come!